The Annual Bloody Words Light Mystery Award
- The Bloody Words Light Mystery Award is an annual juried literary prize for a “book that makes us smile.” The book can be a print or an e-book, submitted by the publisher or the author, published in the previous year. The award is open to books published between January 1 and December 31, 2015. Self-published books are included. All novels must be a minimum of 60,000 words. The author must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. No YA or noir.
- A cheque for $1000 plus a suitably magnificent award:
- "Light mysteries" include everything from laugh-out-loud, to gentle humour, to good old fashioned stories with little violence or gore.
- Send four (4) copies of your print book, or your e-book, any time up to December 15, 2015, to:
- If your book is not out by December 15, 2015, send the ARC.
- The short list will be announced April 2016.
The award will be announced at the Bony Blithe Gala in Toronto in late May 2016. Details to be announced.