The Bony Pete
Rules, Guidelines and Entry Form
Contest is open ONLY to Registered Bloody Words Attendees.
1. Entry must be postmarked by April 15, 2008.
2. Stories must be fiction and a mystery (crime, suspense, private eye, amateur or professional)
3. Toronto must figure in the story somehow--any time period allowed
4. Must not exceed 5,000 words
5. Must be typed, double spaced, on regular white bond paper using 12-point Courier/Times Roman in a flush left mode (plain white copy paper, please!)
6. One side of paper only with title and page number in upper right corner (no author name)
7. Cover sheet with entrant's name, address, phone number, story title, approximate word length.
8. Entry must be accompanied by $5 entry fee
9. Keep a copy of your final manuscript. No copies will be returned.
10. Must be original and previously unpublished. You retain all rights.
There will be ONE Winner, who will receive a statue of Bony Pete, the much coveted Bloody Words Skeleton (pictured above), as well as a cheque for $100.00. The second place winner will recieve a cheque for $50.00 and the third place winner, $25.00. All stories will appear in the Bloody Words Anthology, to be published in our tenth anniversy year ~ 2010.
Note: No manuscripts will receive a critique.
Bloody Words Short Story Contest
Fill out, print and mail.
Name: Address: City: postal code: phone: day evening: e-mail: Story Title
Enclose $5.00 fee, payable to BLOODY WORDS and mail with THREE copies of ms to:
Sylvia Maultash Warsh
50 Rondeau Drive
Toronto, ON M2H 1R7